Blogger Widgets

Slider

Her Mission Call

Nat got called to serve as a sister missionary in the Santo Domingo West Dominican Republic Mission. Follow her as she journeys to serve the Lord in the Dominican Republic for 18 months.

Temple

Mission Purpose

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Book of Mormon

Picture Gallery

See what Nat sees. In her journeys to fulfill the Lord's Will.

Sister Missionaries

How to Write Her

Learn how to contact Nat while she's gone through Snail Mail or Email while she's in the MTC or out in the field!

Letters

Monday, September 1, 2014

GO to WORK and FORGET about YOURSELF

Not gonna lie it was one of those weeks...

Yet it was necessary because I learned to more fully "go to work and forget about myself." It was a lot easier said than done this week. Usually people say that when times are rough, time goes slower. Well that was absolutely not the case this week.

We had goals not met and it really started to jab on my faith. Especially because we had so much to do and everyone decided to leave Bani for the week...it seemed like.

But just like every rainstorm the sun comes out after! I had an intercambio with Hermana Jorgensen and it was PERFECT. Just what I needed after a bumpy road. We shared with a recently baptized member named Bobby. He is 19 and thinking about serving a mission. Well we talked about the Priesthood. It must have been one of the most spiritual experiences I've had during my mission. As we testified of the importance of the priesthood and as we could see he's heart be touched by God. I know in my whole being that as worthy men of the Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints strive to be worthy of such authority, Heavenly Father will pour His GREAT POWER over His children. I know that Heavenly Father's authority and power is on earth today and that we may recieve great blessing as we stand worthy of it because not only men partake of these blessing, we, women do too.

I got a wake up call that day as Heavenly Father used others to be answers to my pleading prayers and as I was able to open my eyes a little wider and count ALL the many blessings in my life. I invite you all to do the same.

"Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.

"Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is list'ning.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you."
(A Child's Prayer)

One of the Great BLESSINGS to finalize the week...

There was an amazing baptism on Saturday! Yuleisy got baptized and we celebrated her birthday! and ALL the less actives and investigators we invited CAME! I can't explain a greater joy than to see another of Heavenly Father's children follow His Only Begotten's footsteps!

I love this work and this gospel! I'm forever grateful for Heavenly Father's great misery and love. I know His way is the smartest way. I know that as we submit our will for His, we shall experience greater joy and happiness and we shall continue towards achieving our great potencial.

I love you all and thank you for your testimonies and prayers and emails.

Have an amazing week!

Love,

Hermana Fernandez

P.S. I promise we didn't take the motor for a ride haha

No comments:

Post a Comment