Blogger Widgets

Slider

Her Mission Call

Nat got called to serve as a sister missionary in the Santo Domingo West Dominican Republic Mission. Follow her as she journeys to serve the Lord in the Dominican Republic for 18 months.

Temple

Mission Purpose

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Book of Mormon

Picture Gallery

See what Nat sees. In her journeys to fulfill the Lord's Will.

Sister Missionaries

How to Write Her

Learn how to contact Nat while she's gone through Snail Mail or Email while she's in the MTC or out in the field!

Letters

Monday, July 1, 2013

I Will Go Where You Want Me To Go


First Mission Email! Woot Woot!

Wow it´s crazy how much I´ve experienced in only 6 days!
The Missionary Training Center (MTC) is amazing! I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I love it! I´ve never cried this much consecutively, but don´t worry they´rehappy, awe moment, joyful tears. As if my heart and emotions can´t contain themselves inside of me. It´s been the greatest, most growing and humbling experience of my life.
My companion is Hermana Ruiz and she's awesome! Seriously everyting happens for a reason because we get along so great and we need each other for sure! She's from Houston, Texas and she's going to the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission. The food here is alright, I miss my own cooking, but especially your cooking, Mom! Other than that, this place is FANTASTIC! All my days here vary because I´m in advanced Spanish and supposedly only here for two weeks, but today I found out that I leave this Sunday night! I arrive at Dominican Republic, Saturday afternoon! What?! I know crazy!!
Total Time in the MTC = 11 days
They expect me to be ready in 11 days! AAAHH! Well I guess that ok considering I've been going 1000 miles per hour since I've gotten here. Y puedo orar y leer muy bien en espanol! And with the faith in the Lord, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible (Mark 9:21-29), as a friend once shared with me!
As for my days here:
6:00am - I wake up.
6:30am - Breakfast
7:00am - I'm either in class, having personal study, or some days gym time or service projects.
11:00am - Lunch
12:00pm - I'm either in class, having personal study, or teaching an "investigator" the lessons.
4:00pm - Dinner
5:00pm - I'm either in class, having personal study, companion study time, or there's a workshop or devotional.
9:30pm - I get ready for the next day, write in my journal, etc.
10:30pm- Lights out!
The days feel like weeks here, but the week that I've been here has left like a day.
Not a day goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for the opportunity he was given me to serve him and his children.
Not a day goes by that I realize that the work is hastening on and the Lord's has called all to spread the word.
During the Broadcast this past Sunday, it was so powerful to know that the Lord has called all to the work, I love that the big focus, at least for me was, that all members must help the missionary get investigators and the missionaries have a responsibility not only to help those searching the gospel, but also those who are less active in the church! It was powerful because that is what I felt, as Sister Fernandez, was my calling in Dominician Republic. To strengthen the members and build the Lord's kingdom.
I've experienced countless miracles and blessings this week, but one that really made me realize what my purpose was in serving a mission was during a lesson my companion and I taught. So, here in the MTC, you have what is called a TRC, where volunteers or real non-members come in and pose as investigators. Well, me and my companion, Hermana Ruiz, were so nervous because this was the first person we were going to teach that wasn't our teacher. But we took a breathe and said a prayer to have the Spirit with us as we taught Jorge. Jorge was a Baptist, but now he can't get himself to believe or have faith in God. We started to talk to him and he opened up to us very quickly, but he was a bit stubborn because he hated God so much for taking his son at the age 14 through cancer. He also was mad at God for being unjust because his Baptist Pastor told him that his son was in hell because he didn't get baptized before he died. This really affected Jorge, so much so that he considered taking his life. I sympathized with him and felt the hurt he was going through, like Christ knows each and every one of our pains. At that moment, I truly felt like a disciple, a representative of Christ. I have been called to serve the Lord's people, just as Christ did and would do if he was here.
But there was nothing more humbling than what happens next...
As we talked to Jorge and felt the love Heavenly Father had for him, I wanted so bad for him to except the gospel, so that he may know for himself the true plan of salvation. THE TRUE PLAN OF GOD! But he wouldn't allow himself to have the desire to really know for himself if what we were teaching him was true, to find out where his son truly was. We knew and felt it, we just wanted him to know it for himself. I was stuck and didn't know how to help him anymore because I couldn't relate. So, my amazing companion, Hermana Ruiz, stepped in and shared her amazing experience with a similar situation. Jorge was STUNNED because he couldn't believe that my companion would have so much have faith, enough to send her on a mission, even with her situation. He had a change of heart almost instantly because she chose to listen to the spirit and share her experience with Jorge. It was extremely humbling because I felt like it was my job to help every person I met, to be the answer to prayer for every person I met, but this experience taught me that I am a tool in the Lord's hands. It isn't me that will convert people, it's God! I was there to open up the investigator and my companion touched his heart! I was so humbled and blessed to have had this experience.
I know more than ever that this church is true. I know that God called Joseph Smith to be a prophet on earth in these latter days. I know that we now have the fulness of the gospel. I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that Heavenly Father watches over all of us and that he loves each and every one of his children.
I can't wait to "declare his words among his people [in the DR], that they might have everlasting life." - 3 Nephi 5:13
I love you all and thank you for all your love and support!
Until next week,
Hermana Fernandez "Nat"
P.S. Thank you for the letters and emails. Keep them coming! I love knowing about your life!
P.S.S. I love and miss you MOMDAD, and my AWESOME Gisselle, Junior and baby Brandon!
Scripture of the Week:
"...Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believeing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it." - Enos 1:15

No comments:

Post a Comment