Blogger Widgets

Slider

Her Mission Call

Nat got called to serve as a sister missionary in the Santo Domingo West Dominican Republic Mission. Follow her as she journeys to serve the Lord in the Dominican Republic for 18 months.

Temple

Mission Purpose

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Book of Mormon

Picture Gallery

See what Nat sees. In her journeys to fulfill the Lord's Will.

Sister Missionaries

How to Write Her

Learn how to contact Nat while she's gone through Snail Mail or Email while she's in the MTC or out in the field!

Letters

Monday, July 15, 2013

WEEK 2: HARDEST and GREATEST week thus far!

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY! It´s beautiful and I love the people. I can´t get enough of their spanish accents haha!

Highlights of the Week:

Thursday and Sunday were probably the best and hardest days of my mission so far!

Thursday. We taught a first lesson with an investigator named Alberto I contacted (someone I introduced myself and the church to). We arrived and not only him, but his two family friends and his anti-religion dad joined. His dad was ready to ripe us apart because he wouldn´t even let us continue with the opening prayer. Well Alberto and his two friends calmed his dad done and defended us, we got to continue with the prayer. Then they all asked us questions about God and why..why...why...lots of why questions and how. That was the first time that had had that happen to me and we assured them they we could talk about all their questions and those we didnt know we´d look up in the scriptures. I wasn´t intimidated or scared. Then the dad was getting all heated up again and the questions continued. I felt strongly prompted to bear testimony of my conversion story and I got so emotional because the Spirit was so strong and they all were silent. And Alberto said, "I want to feel the Spirit like you do." And I testified that he could if he only desired and pray to God to know for himself if the Church and everything we shared was true. I knew at that point exactly why Heavenly Father had called me to serve a mission and not only a mission but the people of the Dominican Republic in San Cristobal at this time!

Sunday. This was the hardest day yet! I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and ask God why were these things happening this way here in this ward! I went to Ward Council and the Bishop was absolutely awful and unhelpful. He called all less-actives sinners and I couldn´t believe that someone like him could be called to be Bishop. But I quickly realized that the those were horrible things for me to think and I knew that he needed us more than ever. So we left Ward Council and me and my companion came out depressed from what had just happened, I didn´t even want to invite or teach people anymore. But my wonderful companion said that we must be strong because this ward needs us more than ever. We continued to walk to find one of our investigators and came across a lady. A lady who had been baptized and a member for 4 years now. Her name is Celeste and she was wonderful, but when we asked her why she didn´t go to church...she said that members of the church were evil towards her and accused her of only joining the church to get money, because after being a member for 3 years her home was damaged from a flood and needed help. But when they pushed her away and other reasons, she decided never to come to her assigned chapel. THAT HURT SO MUCH..I couldn´t help but cry with her and I realized that I have a bigger purpose her. I MUST BE STRONG TO BE THE BEST EXAMPLE TO THESE PEOPLE AND TOOL OF THE LORD.

I know with all my heart, might and mind that the gospel is true. I will stand as a witness of God at all times and all places. The gospel is my everything and I´m so blessed to have it in my life. I challenge you all to be missionaries where ever you are and never judge anyone because the only judge is God! I love my mission and I am working every minute to share this wonderful message with all who will hear and listen!

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Your missionary,

Hermana Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment