Blogger Widgets

Slider

Her Mission Call

Nat got called to serve as a sister missionary in the Santo Domingo West Dominican Republic Mission. Follow her as she journeys to serve the Lord in the Dominican Republic for 18 months.

Temple

Mission Purpose

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Book of Mormon

Picture Gallery

See what Nat sees. In her journeys to fulfill the Lord's Will.

Sister Missionaries

How to Write Her

Learn how to contact Nat while she's gone through Snail Mail or Email while she's in the MTC or out in the field!

Letters

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

MY LIFE in the DR!

LIFE in the REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

CURRENT AREA: Lava Pies in San Cristobal
CURRENT COMPANION: Hermana Ortiz

Apartment Life. I live with three Hermanas (Hermana Ortiz, Hermana Guiterrez and Hermana Reyes) We have a transfer coming up next week, so we´ll find out if they´ll move us or not. The light lives everyday but not for very long at all. I don´t have bucket showers too often and the water is always cold, but it feels great because it´s bloody HOT over here. We just entered Summer season. THERE ARE HUGE ROACHES!!! YUCK =( but other than that, my living place is normal!!

Food. I haven´t had much Dominican food because we aren´t allowed to eat at member´s houses, but I hope to get a Dominican companion, so that she can introduce me to some =) I eat cereal, peanut butter, pasta and LOTS of FRUIT!! Umm the mangospineapple,bananasguava and other kinds of fruit not known in the US.

People. I love the people. They are full of faith, they are super kind and loving. Although I do get hit on everyday...haha oh I have to learn not to turn when they listen. My leaders say to keep walking haha or to introduce myself and the church and they´ll leave us alone haha..

The Work. Hard and tiring, but the BEST thing I could be doing right now. Although the mission is a rollercoaster of emotions, I have never been so happy and to feel the love that God and Jesus Christ has for these people is incredible! I love this work and I get up everyday to invite more people to come closer to Christ.

I know this church is true. I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each and everyone of us. I know now more than ever that we knew Him and felt His love in the life before this one and that we promised Him that we would return to Him and help His children return to Him also. I love this gospel!

Your missionary, friend, daughter, sister,
Hermana Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment