Blogger Widgets

Slider

Her Mission Call

Nat got called to serve as a sister missionary in the Santo Domingo West Dominican Republic Mission. Follow her as she journeys to serve the Lord in the Dominican Republic for 18 months.

Temple

Mission Purpose

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Book of Mormon

Picture Gallery

See what Nat sees. In her journeys to fulfill the Lord's Will.

Sister Missionaries

How to Write Her

Learn how to contact Nat while she's gone through Snail Mail or Email while she's in the MTC or out in the field!

Letters

Monday, July 28, 2014

FOREVER FINDING...

So these past weeks we've been focusing on building up our foundation!

President Nuckols (our new mission president) has taken it to the next level. So as you know there's this fever going around down here in the DR. Well President Nuckols decided to introduce a new kind of fever...don't worry it's a good kind.

It's called the FOREVER FINDING FEVER! I'll attach the ALERT announcement. It's an epidemic!

Because of this "fever". We've found people all over the place. In the supermarket, on guaguas (the buses here), in the park, in the colmados (I don't really know how to explain these...I'll have to send a picture), in police cars (I'll explain)...well really EVERYWHERE!

It's been a fun time with Hermana Nodal. We've just been unstoppable, even though we've had some pretty strong opposition! She's awesome! I'll explain the whole police car thing...we were running a little late and got a ride in a police car! But of course we couldn't pass the opportunity up and contacted them!

We went to the Capital on Wednesday to have our Consejos de Lideres and it was a lot of things. President Nuckols talked about the divinity of our call as missionaries and his Testimony. He told of a time He went to Jerusalem and went to the area where Jesus Christ called his disciples to be "fishers of men" and he said how he could feel the Spirit greatly there. And when he was in the presence of the Twelve and the Prophet, while he was in the MTC training to come to the DR, he knew that they were Apostles and Prophet of God because he remembered his experience in Jerusalem and He felt that same Spirit.

The Church is TRUE. It really is. I know it, not because someone convinced me or told me so. I asked the One who knows it all. He told me personally. and now I'm here. I know Christ lives. (2 Nephi 25:29)

Love you MOM, DAD, Gisselle, MJ and Baby Brandon! I pray for you often. And thank you everyone for the emails and support! I always have you in my prayers (Moroni 8:3)

LOVE

Hermana Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment