Blogger Widgets

Slider

Her Mission Call

Nat got called to serve as a sister missionary in the Santo Domingo West Dominican Republic Mission. Follow her as she journeys to serve the Lord in the Dominican Republic for 18 months.

Temple

Mission Purpose

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Book of Mormon

Picture Gallery

See what Nat sees. In her journeys to fulfill the Lord's Will.

Sister Missionaries

How to Write Her

Learn how to contact Nat while she's gone through Snail Mail or Email while she's in the MTC or out in the field!

Letters

Monday, July 28, 2014

Flour + Prayer = RAIN!

I read a past journal entry from exactly a year ago that said, "It's raining cats and dogs outside. We're staying in today because apparently we are in red alert. HURRICAN SEASON."

Well guess what! It's that time of year again! On Thursday, we had an activity with the branch. We had a flour fight and it got a little out of hand, but Yuleisi, whose getting baptized in two weeks, came! Then we had to stay and clean our floury mess and it was taking forever...so I decided to get on my knees and pray for rain. The clouds looked heavy it was just not expected to rain here in Bani.

PRAYER really works and Heavenly Father listens because I got off my knees and it rained once again "cats and dogs" exactly one year later!

Even though, it may have seemed like a small, insignificant reason to pray. It taught me that no prayer goes unanswered no matter how big or small. We needed that rain here in Bani. And although I had to walk home bare foot...it was so worth it!

God listens. He really is there. I know it. He repeated has brought peace into my mind as I've leaned on him. He truly loves us because we are His children. I know that He has a greater plan for me and you. He's perfect and knows us perfectly, so why doubt that He knows better than we do.

I love sharing the power of prayer and love the Lord has for us. It teaches us our greater purpose. Everything Heavenly Father brings into our lives, blessings or trials, they have a purpose. It takes us closer to our eternal purpose.

I love this gospel. I love you and I hope that you feel Heavenly Father's love as you pray today, tonight and every day. Tell Him everything and you shall see His guidance and His hand in the details of your life. I know it.

Love,

Hermana Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment