Blogger Widgets

Slider

Her Mission Call

Nat got called to serve as a sister missionary in the Santo Domingo West Dominican Republic Mission. Follow her as she journeys to serve the Lord in the Dominican Republic for 18 months.

Temple

Mission Purpose

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Book of Mormon

Picture Gallery

See what Nat sees. In her journeys to fulfill the Lord's Will.

Sister Missionaries

How to Write Her

Learn how to contact Nat while she's gone through Snail Mail or Email while she's in the MTC or out in the field!

Letters

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

GET IT DONE!

HIGHLIGHTS of the WEEK:

- RAINING LOTS...we're in RED ALERT...hurricane on it's way...EXCITING!

- We've got three baptisms coming up in the next weeks!!! Sencio is preparing for the 28th of September...HOLY COW! I can't believe it, he has progressed immensely! 

We are teaching twins called Melissa and Julissa and they have come to church for over two months and are trying so hard to read and study the lessons! They are preparing for the 21st of September! I´m so proud of the twins and they are literally the funniest girls I have ever met. They talk as if they were 30 years old and hopefully I can talk Spanish as quickly as they do someday haha...they talk as if all that they say is one word! Just imagine! They have great faith, a gift God has given them and I learn so much from them.

We must HUMBLE OURSELVES each and every day to do the LORD´s WILL and DO IT with FAITH, believing that the LORD will lead us in every detail in our lives if we let HIM! These twins have taught me just that...they probably don´t know it, but they have been a light in my life, as have been all of my investigators in different ways.

- Transfer are TODAY...oh man my trainer is leaving me =( sad day and I´m receiving another companion...we shall see who she is?? All I know is that I´m staying in LAVA PIES...Hallejuah!! 

- We´ve got 32 sisters entering the field...SAY WHAT?? SOO MUCH ¨WORK¨....THE WORK IS EXPLODING!!!

- We learned to make sweet platanos (platains...sp?) MY FAVORITE (water and dominican brown sugar to make the carmel, cinnamon and platains...delish!)

Truly, I feel so blessed to have been chosen to come to Dominican Republic to serve my brothers and sisters here and that the Lord has given me the opportunity to introduce to them the greatest treasure anyone could have on this earth...the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST in these latter-days! I love my Savior and the strength He gives me each day. I know that He is my Brother, Heavenly Friend and Redeemer. I know that He lives.

Thank you for the emails, love and support. I love you all and miss you dearly!

LOVE

Hermana Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment