Blogger Widgets

Slider

Her Mission Call

Nat got called to serve as a sister missionary in the Santo Domingo West Dominican Republic Mission. Follow her as she journeys to serve the Lord in the Dominican Republic for 18 months.

Temple

Mission Purpose

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Book of Mormon

Picture Gallery

See what Nat sees. In her journeys to fulfill the Lord's Will.

Sister Missionaries

How to Write Her

Learn how to contact Nat while she's gone through Snail Mail or Email while she's in the MTC or out in the field!

Letters

Monday, March 31, 2014

...on the Lord´s Errand

happy birthday Daddy! I hope you had the BeSt BiRtHdAy EvEr! I was thinking about you yesterday and thinking about how time flys because I remember coming home last year and surprising you for your birthday! How time flys huh?!

Oh boy. Where to begin...

Well this week was so great..I feel like I say that every week, but truly each week is better than the last one, which is probably why the time is creeping up on me! Can you believe I´m half way!! WHAT?!? Unbelievable I know...

Someone shared this with me this last week and I truly think that my time here serving the Lord and my brothers and sisters is really summed up in Alma 26:16...

¨Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.¨

We had a zone conference this week and it was one of the most uplifting experience I´ve had! We learned a lot about faith, the power of the BOOK OF MORMON, and our evermost motivation to do the Lord´s Errand!

FAITH. This is the beginning of all things. Trusting in something or someone that you don´t see but know that it is TRUE or EXISTS. It´s a power that we can hold, a power that we sometimes don´t realize we can have. This has been the main focus of my week...understanding the real meaning of faith and how to increase my faith in the Lord..

There was an awesome baptism and birthday surprise this week for a awesome young man. Kelvin is the greatest kid! His testimony rocks my world...the world has rocked his life and he´s a 17 year old that has been through more than a kid his age should go through. As we show the Lord through our acts and desires to do what he asks us to do and choose to be faithful to Him, we truly come to realize how FAITH and HOPE in Christ brings to past Eternal happiness and we can have a taste of that happiness in this life.

Kelvin helped me realize to that as we grab hold of the Lord, we overcome anything the world throws at us. (1 Nephi 15:24) I can testify of that truth. I´m so grateful for the love I constantly feel from the Lord. He knows us so perfectly and individual and it´s truly been a priviledge to constantly see that LOVE he has for ALL his children, even those who push Him away.

I know that this gospel is true. I know it with every fiber of my being that this is the Lord´s Work and that as we submit to His Will, His pathway becomes more and more clear and we can almost see what the Lord sees in us and who we can become! I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that through Him the Lord reestablished His kingdom on earth. Joseph Smith is one of the greatest examples of that power of Faith and sacrifice and being on the Lord´s Errand no matter what opposition presented itself.

I know these things are true. and if you don´t know this for yourself yet. I invite you to ask God, He loves you and you are his son or daughter and if you ask Him with real intent and sincerity, He WILL answer you!

Thank you for all your support and love! Hope to hear from you all real soon!

Love

Hermana Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment