Blogger Widgets

Slider

Her Mission Call

Nat got called to serve as a sister missionary in the Santo Domingo West Dominican Republic Mission. Follow her as she journeys to serve the Lord in the Dominican Republic for 18 months.

Temple

Mission Purpose

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Book of Mormon

Picture Gallery

See what Nat sees. In her journeys to fulfill the Lord's Will.

Sister Missionaries

How to Write Her

Learn how to contact Nat while she's gone through Snail Mail or Email while she's in the MTC or out in the field!

Letters

Monday, March 31, 2014

EPIC HALF POINT...

Family & Friends

This week was jammed packed with greatness!

Flashback:
-          On Tuesday, we went to the Temple!! It was so great =) I got to reflect a lot on my life up to this point & all I´ve gone through during the last 6 months since It´s been 6 months since I´ve gotten to be in the Lord´s temple.

The LORD loves us...just look around you & up...what else could you ask for? He made it ALL...FOR YOU!

¨But Alma said unto him: Thou hast had signs enough; will ye tempt your God? Will ye say, Show unto me a sign, when ye have the testimony of all these thy brethren, and also all the holy prophets? The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.¨ - Alma 30:44

He made all of it for us.. How does that make you feel? How does it make you feel to know that you are literally a child of an Almighty Being, the King of Kings, the Eternal Father, your Heavenly Father?...Think about it for a sec.

-          On Wednesday, I HIT 9 MONTHS...and I was like WHAT?!?!?! Because time doesn´t exist here in the mission, so when we stop and think about it...it feels as if days do not exist, only months or every six week (a transfer). So to realize I´m halfway kinda was crazy...but I did get to reflect on how much I´ve grown and who I´ve become in the past 9 months of my life! I´m so grateful to be here! So much has happen in such little time...

-          On Thursday – Sunday, we are working with tons of families which is such a huge blessing here! And it´s amazing to see how the Lord is preparing amazing families here in Azua. Everyone is so ready to come unto the Lord, we just have to open our mouths and declare what we know to be TRUE. SHARE what makes us unbelievably happy in this life and what gives us greater hope for the future.

General Conference is coming up sooooo so soon! I can´t believe it...I´m so excited! And to prepare I´ve been focusing on reading all of the General Conference talks from last October...Key to Spiritual Protection = SCRIPTURES...I´d like to share a talk I read this week from President Boyd K. Packer. HE´S AMAZING.

I want to highlight some parts of this talk...
¨The scriptures hold the keys to spiritual protection. They contain the doctrine and laws and ordinances that will bring each child of God to a testimony of Jesus Christ as the Savior and Redeemer.¨

That is fact. The scriptures WILL bring you a testimony of Jesus Christ and show you the path way back to our Heavenly Father.

¨Years ago, Elder S. Dilworth Young of the Seventy taught me a lesson about reading the scriptures. A stake was struggling with tensions and difficulties among the members, and counsel needed to be given.

I asked President Young, “What should I say?”

He answered simply, “Tell them to read the scriptures.”

I asked, “Which scriptures?”

He said, “It really doesn’t matter. Tell them to open up the Book of Mormon, for instance, and begin to read. Soon the feeling of peace and inspiration will come, and a solution will present itself.”

Make scripture reading a part of your regular routine, and the blessings will follow. There is in the scriptures a voice of warning, but there is also great nourishment.

If the language of the scriptures at first seems strange to you, keep reading. Soon you will come to recognize the beauty and power found on those pages.¨

This kinda explains it in itself…READ the BOOK of MORMON even if you don´t understand it…GREAT PROMISES await you.

¨We live in perilous times; nevertheless, we can find hope and peace for ourselves and for our families. Those living in sorrow, despairing at the possibility of children being rescued from where the world has taken them, must never give up. “Be not afraid, only believe.” Righteousness is more powerful than wickedness

I know that Prophets and Apostles are called of God, just like I know that Christ and I live. I know that we are privileged to be part of His Church in these last days. LET US TAKE THE GOSPEL TO THOSE THAT HAVEN´T FOUND IT YET! I know that Heavenly Father loves you and me more than we can possibly imagine. Hold on to the IRON ROD and help others come unto it…(if you don´t know what the IRON ROD is…READ THE BOOK OF MORMON=))

Thank you so much for everything! LOVE. SUPPORT. And STRENGTH.

Love

Hermana Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment