Blogger Widgets

Slider

Her Mission Call

Nat got called to serve as a sister missionary in the Santo Domingo West Dominican Republic Mission. Follow her as she journeys to serve the Lord in the Dominican Republic for 18 months.

Temple

Mission Purpose

Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.

Book of Mormon

Picture Gallery

See what Nat sees. In her journeys to fulfill the Lord's Will.

Sister Missionaries

How to Write Her

Learn how to contact Nat while she's gone through Snail Mail or Email while she's in the MTC or out in the field!

Letters

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Family and Friends!!!

Another GREAT week in the blazing hot and beautiful Azua! Really this week was one for the books!

I´ve learned this week the role I have as a Representative of Jesus Christ. It really hit me this week when I heard it and realized what it entails more profoundly and personally. We, as missionaries all over the world, have been called and set apart to do what Jesus Christ would do if he were in our shoes...I really understood this when we were in the middle of a lesson (k keep in mind that this lesson took place in a colmado, in a mini store nothing like it back home..closest is like a 7 eleven but really not the same) In the middle of the lesson a guy came in and started saying things to us, but instead of turning away and ignoring him, I felt the need to redirect him. I told him that he had more potencial then he realized...that even though people had neglected him that he was still a son of God. He stopped bugging us and actually listened. I know that Jesus Christ came to LIGHT UP the way back to our Heavenly Father and we ALL have that opportunity...no matter where we come from or what we did. He paid the prize for ALL of US and we can be free as we accept Him and His Atonement in our lives!

I LOVE this GOSPEL with all my might, mind and strength and I never get tired of testifying of its truthfulness...I am beyond happy because I couldn't be doing anything better at this time in my life!

"For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—" Scripture of the Week

I also learned a lot about GRATITUDE this week! The importance of being grateful for all the Lord has given me this week made this week one of greatest...as we are grateful in every moment, we realize that the Lord loves us IMMENSELY!

That is all for now...

Love,

Hermana Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment